The third quarter of the BCGBA Senior Individual Merit Finals features the in form man of the season in Shropshire’s Callum Wraight. He also knows how to win this competition, having done so in 2009, but faces an experienced campaigner in 2010 Champion of Champion Chris Mordue from Yorkshire. There is another all Midland clash in James Seville of Warwick and Worcester playing Nick Wyer from Staffordshire, while North Midlands’ Karl Shanks plays Nigel Illiff of Derbyshire. Lancashire’s Andrew Whiteman will hope green knowledge helps him get past Greater Manchester county player Andy Raymond.
Dean Ferris of Greater Manchester has played in many competitions and takes on Wales’ Mike Chamberlain. Craig Gant came through a big field to win the Yorkshire merit, and has plenty of competition experience compared to his opponent George Chapman, who shocked some big names to qualify from North Midlands. Ross Dunkley has won major competitions and plays John Gurnery of Cheshire, while last year’s runner up Ross Meese of South Yorkshire will look to go one better, but has a very tough first round tie against Simon Coupe of North Lancs and Fylde, this being one of the very few major competitions he has not won.
33. James SEVILLE (Warwick & Worcester) vs 34. Nick WYER (Staffs)*
35. Chris MORDUE (Yorkshire) vs 36. Callum WRAIGHT (Shropshire)
37. Nigel ILIFF (Derbyshire) vs 38. Karl SHANKS (North Midlands)
39. Andrew WHITEMAN (Lancashire) vs 40. Andy RAYMOND (Greater Manchester)
41. Dean FERRIS (Greater Manchester)* vs 42. Mike CHAMBERLAIN (Wales)
43. Craig GANT (Yorkshire)* vs 44. George CHAPMAN (North Midlands)
45. John GURNEY (Cheshire) vs 46. Ross DUNKLEY (Warwick & Worcester)
47. Ross MEESE (South Yorkshire)* vs 48. Simon COUPE (North Lancs & Fylde)